Click here to download the worksheet that Natalie created to go with this experiment. (Thanks again sweet friend!)
- Each student was given a ruler and magnifying glass. (Yet again- Natalie came to the rescue with a class set of magnifying glasses!)
- Students wrote their initials on the cup with a Sharpee.
- Students were called up one by one to our sink. They dropped their gummy bear in the cup, added just enough water to cover it, and placed it in the blue basket. Afterwards, I moved the blue basket up to the top of a book shelf. I wanted them to be surprised the next day!
- My students waited 24 hours before examining the bears on the second day.
- I gave each student a napkin on the second day. I dumped the water out of each cup before giving them the gummy bear. They dumped the gummy bear out on their napkin and made observations.
Day 1- Gummy Bears
Day 2- Gummy Bears