Here are some fun facts about me:
1. My name is Agatha. It's pronounced differently than "Agatha Christie." My friends say that once they learn how to pronounce my name that it's hard for them to ever go back to saying "Agatha." (as in Agatha Christie) Although it has a unique pronunciation, I have always loved my name.
2. I am a second grade teacher. This is my sixteenth year of teaching. I have been fortunate enough to teach second grade the entire time.
3. I received the Flagler County Teacher of the Year Award in January 2011. It was a true honor!
4. I received 18 dual-enrollment college credits when I graduated from high school. So, I decided I wanted to complete college in three years. I started teaching second grade when I was twenty-one years old.
5. I am married to my best friend. I met him while I was in high school, but we didn't start dating until I was in college.
6. I have three beautiful children. They make me smile each and everyday!
7. I love to watch television. Some of my favorite shows are The Mentalist, N.C.I.S., Survivor, Blue Bloods, Parenthood, and Modern Family.
8. My favorite children's authors are Mo Willems and Patricia Polacco.
9. Photography is my favorite hobby.
10. I love to listen to hip/hop music.
11. Cold weather makes me happy. I also admit that I'm one of those teachers that keeps their classroom cold.
12. I'm a font fanatic!
13. I'm only slightly obsessed with Pinterest. (Although, I always wish I actually did some of those things I pinned.)
14. Watching sunsets over Lake Superior makes me happy!