Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Missing Homework

Over the years, I have struggled with an appropriate consequence for students that do not complete their nightly homework.  

Let me be the first to say that I do not believe in a lot of homework.  I think it's so important for kids to have a break and still enjoy free time in the afternoons.  I'm also a mom of three young children.  It breaks my heart when my personal children work so hard in school ALL DAY LONG, come home, and then spend most of their evenings completing homework.  I really could go on AND on AND on about homework, but I promise I'll step off my soap box and continue my post about missing homework.  

If a student does not complete his/her nightly homework, then he/she fills out a "Missing Homework" paper and has to pay me $5 of Lobster Loot.  (Read more about that in this post.)  If a child does not have $5 of Lobster Loot, then the child simply owes me that money until he/she has earned it.  If there is an extreme circumstance of a child who does not complete his/her homework on a daily basis, then I would institute a "Silent Lunch" consequence.  (Luckily, I have not had to do that this year.)





Until next time.....
Agatha







No comments:

Post a Comment